NorthWest Exploration Forum

NorthWest Exploration Forum (http://www.nwex.co.uk/index.php)
-   Asylums & Hospitals (http://www.nwex.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   St Joseph’s Orphanage, Preston – August 2010 (http://www.nwex.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8028)

ShutterHappy 14-07-2011 20:08

I don't think they will let it be knocked down unless that do what they did to County Asylum in Winwick, Warrington, also the estate sign indicates building redevelopment not land redevelopment as its shows a graphic image of the front elevation of the building.

scrappy 15-07-2011 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutterHappy (Post 141898)
I don't think they will let it be knocked down unless that do what they did to County Asylum in Winwick, Warrington, also the estate sign indicates building redevelopment not land redevelopment as its shows a graphic image of the front elevation of the building.

think that sign has been there for about 7 years! i hope they do something with it soon!

ShutterHappy 16-07-2011 23:52

They would make lovely apartments, especially with the location. just a shame that when redevelopment takes place all the good stuff will just end up in a skip :(

amyrummi 18-07-2011 09:48

aaargh this thread has had over 1200 views i give it a week and it will be trashed

Gone 18-07-2011 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyrummi (Post 141998)
aaargh this thread has had over 1200 views i give it a week and it will be trashed

I posted this nearly a year back, I'm sure it's still at risk, views or no views.

amyrummi 19-07-2011 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gone (Post 142015)
I posted this nearly a year back, I'm sure it's still at risk, views or no views.

urmm, yeah think i was assuming this was new aswell!

sneak 19-07-2011 22:48

Hahaha at comment

Looks like a minter! Had an oportunity to go in the past, shoulda took it!

Fluxxyyy 24-07-2011 09:38

Great report, hope your finger is okay, lol.

JazzSP8 19-08-2012 13:52

Looks like they are getting ready to do something with this place, gates on Theater street were open last week, thought it was my lucky day but when I got closer there was a van parked outside :(

Don't know what they are doing, didn't see anyone to ask and didn't fancy strolling in randomly to find someone...

hidden 22-08-2012 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzSP8 (Post 148670)
Looks like they are getting ready to do something with this place, gates on Theater street were open last week, thought it was my lucky day but when I got closer there was a van parked outside :(

Don't know what they are doing, didn't see anyone to ask and didn't fancy strolling in randomly to find someone...

When we were there a month or so back there were cars in the courtyard. They use it for storage or parking I think.