View Single Post
ARCHIVE: Ormskirk POW Camp, Ormskirk, March 09
(#1)
Old
is a 'member'

Arrow ARCHIVE: Ormskirk POW Camp, Ormskirk, March 09 - 16-04-2009, 13:09

This must be one of the best kept secrets in the MOD, only because I cannot find any history on this site. The only reason I know where it is, is because my Great Uncle was a Prisioner here.

From what he has old me, he was here from 1942 to 1945. There were 6 to 8 sleeping buildings, a large workshop a few out buildings and a resovour.
There was a large bunker at the site. He was sent to work on local farms as he wasnt skilled, the skilled POW's were to work in the workshops repairing local Farming equipment. The resovour was used for swimming and cleaning.

He is in his 90's now, and his memory isnt that great, but did remember quite alot.

My Favourite bit, the entrance to the underground bunker, unfortunatly it has collapsed, but you get the idea.

Im sorry I dont have any real history of this site, but I just dont seem to be able to find any, only what my Great Uncle has told me.

If your visiting this site just be careful as there are a few underground shafts, which I dont think are very safe.

"Try again.......Fail again.......Fail Better!".............Samual Beckett.....