NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Industrial & Commercial
Reload this Page ARCHIVE - Penwortham Mills - Preston - Jan 09
Industrial & Commercial Mills, Foundries, Factories, Warehouses, Docks etc.

Closed Thread

ARCHIVE - Penwortham Mills - Preston - Jan 09
(#1)
Old
Skin

Arrow ARCHIVE - Penwortham Mills - Preston - Jan 09 - 30-01-2009, 00:33

This place hasnt had a report for a while so I thought I would take a look around...

Penwortham Mills, just to the south of Preston, Lancashire, has been home to Vernon-Carus since 1915 and closed in 2006.
It was a major manufacturer of surgical lint, which was the first surgical dressing to be commercially manufactured in the UK. When it was founded, Lancashire was the world’s centre for weaving and fabric production. Vernon-Carus relocated five miles down the road in Chorley.
Vernon-Carus was created from the merger of two companies in 1970, and became one of the leading manufacturers of non-woven materials in the country. It was also established as a leading supplier to healthcare, having sterile dressing packs as far back as the 1950s. It has extended its product base to infection control, wound care and preoperative supplies.

Bovis own the site now and have an extensive demolition and build programme

thanks for looking
(#2)
Old
Administrator

Default 30-01-2009, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanian1 View Post
100 lines for AndyM "i will not let n00bs crack my local sites"
Been there done that in 2007 old boy

100 lines for R1 "I will go and have a look at andym's flickr and website more often"

Closed Thread