NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Industrial & Commercial
Reload this Page ARCHIVE - Fletchers and sons, Greenfield 02/09
Industrial & Commercial Mills, Foundries, Factories, Warehouses, Docks etc.

Closed Thread

ARCHIVE - Fletchers and sons, Greenfield 02/09
(#1)
Old
somethin's fishy...

Arrow ARCHIVE - Fletchers and sons, Greenfield 02/09 - 27-02-2009, 02:29

This Mill was originally built as a woollen mill by Mr. Bottomley around 1780. Bottomley’s Mill stood on a 500 acre estate and employed several hundred workers..
Robert Fletcher & Son (Greenfield) came into operation in 1921, and operated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from then until it shut in July 2001.
Some of the workers lived in the row of stone cottages at the back of the mill, in fact some of the old workers still live there today.
When the mill got into trouble in the late 90's a new owner was sought. Eventually a businessman bought the company along with the factory buildings and the "Forty Row" the cottages at the back.
The workers at the factory, many who had worked their entire lives at the mill breathed a sigh of releif, but it was to be short-lived. The "businessman" vanished, along with the companies money - what little it had left - and also the pension fund.
The factory was closed onvery short notice when it was clear what had happened. The ex-employees still don't have a pension.

Visited with MisterJK - thanks hunni
I was trying out my new cam, and my first go at lightpainting too, so some good and some not so good...

I've tried to include stuff that I haven't seen twenty times on reports already, plenty more on my site and more to come when I've finished editing....

(#2)
Old
cool as cobs.

Default 06-03-2009, 18:03

Voila:

pano

And an interesting one

Me Flickr | Ma webshite
"The worse outcome would be it turning into a 450D - my groaning "noooooooo" will echo over Manchester, causing cotton spinning oasis lovers to spit out their chip barm's." - Thompski 2009
Closed Thread