NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Industrial & Commercial
Reload this Page ARCHIVE: Lead Shot Mill (Surroundings), Chester 10/09/09
Industrial & Commercial Mills, Foundries, Factories, Warehouses, Docks etc.

Closed Thread

ARCHIVE: Lead Shot Mill (Surroundings), Chester 10/09/09
(#1)
Old
meltingpoint

Arrow ARCHIVE: Lead Shot Mill (Surroundings), Chester 10/09/09 - 10-09-2009, 22:27

Seeing as this is my first post as well as my first report I'll introduce myself. I am 22, have lived in Chester for 4 years and have only just started doing this. Today was my first go, after a failed attempt to get into (the now complete lack of) Deva Asylum on Tuesday.

Went down for about 6pm, which probably wasn't a great choice as everyone in the (now complete) surrounding apartments was getting home. I managed to get myself in and take a number of shots before being spotted by a nearby resident and deciding it was time to go. Didn't actually get up the tower due to my hasty retreat, but will definitely consider going back there despite the ominous whirring noise I heard on my way out.

This is a nice follow on from the post that originally inspired me to go by Bigjobs: linky.

A closer look at the very tall tower.

There were no workmen about, no cameras and plenty of places completely hidden from view.

As the place is currently under construction there is a reassuring amount of scaffolding about.

There's a thick carpet of pigeon droppings and bits of ex-pigeon.

Black and white is a great way to hide the flaws of a difficult exposure!

One of the many, many dead pigeons in my path.

ISO800, apologies for the grain.

Some obligatory HDR shots, all handheld:

Closed Thread