NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Industrial & Commercial
Reload this Page ARCHIVE - dock road warehouse - jan 09
Industrial & Commercial Mills, Foundries, Factories, Warehouses, Docks etc.

Closed Thread

ARCHIVE - dock road warehouse - jan 09
(#1)
Old
tell em about the honey

Default ARCHIVE - dock road warehouse - jan 09 - 11-01-2009, 12:18

wotcha.

myself rocky & phil went to watch the handover of the capitol of cultrue yesterday. we arrived in good time for a mooch.

when we first got there we had a look at some piece of dock machinery, might be some sort of swing bridge thing i could be wrong on that so feel free to correct me. and if anyone knows the name of the warehouse, please let me know.

anywho......

rolly road bridge thing

more rolly road

balast tank for rolly road bridge?

old tobacco warehouse (yup you guessed it plans are afoot for luxury appts)

we wandered into the smallest warehouse next to the old tobacco dock where some dudes were doing some graffiti. not really exploring so the pics are on me flickr (or will be soon) check there if you fancy a look.

as we were leaving i spotted a potentially open door into the main warehouse next to the tobacco warehouse so up we went. sure enough open as you like. woo hoo, we're in and its sweet inside.

all lighting is from mr bad ass led torch he's a conqueror mc1, i love the way he feels and lights things, buy one, you need one!

first floor was some sort of club, few bits and bobs laying about, lights in the roof, old bar structures etc

plenty broken windows and rusty frames

the cloakroom is still there, 50p per item

the journey continues

if only we would have seen this, it would have saved us tramping up god knows how many stairs. mind you we weren't authorised to use it so we might have gotten into trouble

but at least we didn't have to use these. i kinda like the old and new of liverpool in this photo

when the flats get built here, they will all have satellite tv

view of the tobacco warehouse. there is a bridge that joins the two together, in this warehouse its in the room with the shower and the purple sink (classy) but its bricked up, so we never went accross.

this is my fave picture of the visit.

we decided to scarper at about half 4 as the open places looked to be closing, and on the way in we spotted a house that was big enough for a guard dragon rather than a guard dog. and i didn't want to be eaten, or to have to spend the night in there!

worth a look if you ever down that way. if you go on a sunday then the tobacco warehouse is a market on the first floor, im sure you'll be able to slip up to the higher floors and have a nosey.

have fun

fettler

Flickr
weeman. he might be small, but his sh*t stinks
(#2)
Old

Default 11-01-2009, 18:28

Great pics, the interior looks much more interesting than the one at the tobacco warehouse. We tried getting into this one as well but there was a big scouse grock minding the gate They're incredible buildings, for their sheer scale if nothing else! Anyways great report!
Closed Thread