NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Underground
Reload this Page ARCHIVE - Flood Brook Culvert - Runcorn Dec 2009
Underground Sewers, Culverts, Caves, Mines & Air raid shelters etc.

Closed Thread

ARCHIVE - Flood Brook Culvert - Runcorn Dec 2009
(#1)
Old

Default ARCHIVE - Flood Brook Culvert - Runcorn Dec 2009 - 02-12-2009, 10:38

Despite the weather Pace and I ventured down to the lower part of Beechwood Avenue in Runcorn to visit Flood Brook again. This was my first report on here and was discovered by myself when I lived in the area around 15 years ago.

Flood brook runs from the Halton Lea Shopping Centre, down the hill and devides the two Beechwood estates. There is the old brick lined archway that looks as though it has been in place for many years and a corrugated concreted section tagged along at the beggining which I would asume was built in 1969 when most of the estate was built.

The brook runs through the two sections and opens up between the railway line and the slip road for the M56 westbound. It then disapears under the motorway in an square shaped RCP type arrangement. This runs for about 60 metres and reappears out at the roundabout for the motorway.

A word of warning for those people who try this culvert, the ground underfoot on the other side is very soft, so take waders and a spade because is fooking soft as Pace will tell you !!!

Anyway on with the pics.

The entrance

Looking back through the corrugated section.

Backlit from the open section

10mm Fish eye gives you the scale of the place. 10 points if you can find the dead animal. A further 10 Bonus point are available if you can tell me what it is? (Pace excl...)

Pace backlit in the concrete section. (Nice gloves by the way)

The exit, looking back.

A nice little explore, and relatively easy, if not a little muddy !!!

Droid
breach
(#2)
Old

Default breach - 02-12-2009, 12:03

oh what a breach, right up past my knees, stinking black stuff that should make my legs grow another 6 inches,,,

so despite foul weather we pushed on and completed the assignment.

an we where knowhere near the police incident either...

the revolution will not be motorised......
(#3)
Old

Default 22-12-2009, 01:53

Had a wander down today cause I was home, Is it a dead Fox?
Had to pull Sui along in that trolly cause he didnt have wellies, I ended up dissapearing into the mud a couple of times.

Did you check the 4/5ft concrete tunnel out at the top by the railway? When Sui gets some wellies we'll have a wander through that

Closed Thread