NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Rest of the World
Reload this Page ACRHIVE: Abandoned Russian Barracks, Jicin, Czech Republic. 20/7/09
Rest of the World Sites outside the UK.

Closed Thread

ACRHIVE: Abandoned Russian Barracks, Jicin, Czech Republic. 20/7/09
(#1)
Old

Arrow ACRHIVE: Abandoned Russian Barracks, Jicin, Czech Republic. 20/7/09 - 25-07-2009, 18:05

I have waited so long to get into this place, I visit Jicin every year and finally – thanks to my mate Steve and special thanks to Stěfán who made this possible – we spent over two hours viewing reminders of communism and a lovely old building.

It was built in 1655 as a Jesuit College, it served its’ purpose up until 1773 when the Jesuit order was dissolved by Pope Clement XVI. After this the Czech soldiers used it as a barracks.
In 1968 – the Russians took over and used it also as a barracks! That was until the velvet revolution caused them to leave around 1989, but not until they had trashed it!
Since then it has been an outdoor gig venue from time to time but remains mainly empty!
It is mainly a shell but from time to time you see reminders of the occupation; scratched graffiti, signs, soundproofed rooms and communist art!
My camera battery ran out so some were taken with my phone – hence some are poor quality, but they still capture the essential spark of this extraordinary place.

The main gate!

A view from outside!

The courtyard

A lamp and a loudspeaker! In this part of the Czech republic there are announcement systems in most towns. Tools of the communists.

The main entrance!

The office!

Ground level corridors.

Washroom.

Heavy duty toilet cubicles – it gets better!

Told you! At least there is somewhere to store a paper? The end cubicle was biggest. No doubt for higher-ranking officers.

Ornate stained window – but look closer…! Symbols of the fatherland!

The green room!

Pink?? But check these padded doors!

A stunning well preserved wood ceiling.

And who was here? I found this in the cellar.

Instructions on how to take over the world?

My jaw fell open when I saw this room! It has soundproofing so it was clearly a secret operations centre. Check out the paintings!

(#2)
Old
Laudy

Default 26-07-2009, 10:10

very impressive guys well done

To see your world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower. To hold infinity in the palm of your hand, An eternity in an hour.
Closed Thread